Wednesday, October 1, 2014

My First Post!!

100 Years, 4 Months, and 27 days ago, the world was blasted into the modern era.  It didn't happen in a single day, month, or year, but over the course of 4.  4 years of protracted, drawn out, bloody struggle that pitted Republic against Empire and man against machine.  July 28th, 1914, Austria-Hungary declared war on Serbia.  The tripping of alliances dragged all of Europe in the bloodiest conflict ever seen. 

My hope is that I can tell this story in a way that gives it the gravity that it deserves.  100 years ago, our fore-fathers watched, in objective horror, as a continent full of bright, young, and enterprising people plunged into a bloody and savage conflict.  In so many ways, this war changed our world and altered the lives of all those to come.  In modern times, we watch as the Ukraine is dragged into Civil War, with the prospect of possible Russian invasion.  My hope is to teach this lesson of the past, so we might avoid a repetition of them in the future. 

I hope to be posting every week.  Posts will include the date, and what happened during the war on that date.  Also, I'm in the process of setting up a twitter page, a youtube channel, and an Instagram account to help get my message out there.  The links to those will be forth coming in future posts.  Until then, my friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment